Emergency Management Director
Deputy Emergency Management Director
The Town of Ashford has a list of residents to check on in the case of emergencies, such as storms, power outages, or extreme heat. If you or someone you know would like to be checked on, or you know of someone who is housebound, living alone, elderly, or who has a medical condition that may need to be checked on, please call one of the following to be added to our list:
- Kit Eves at the Senior Center – 860-487-5122
- Melissa McDonough, Ashford Social Services Director and Agent for the Elderly – 860-487-4417
Register for Alerts
Connecticut Emergency Management
The Town of Ashford, in conjunction with Eastern Highlands Health District, would like to share the following links regarding the Zika virus.
- For the Centers for Disease control – http://www.cdc.gov
- For the CT Department of Public Health – http://www.ct.gov/dph
- For the Eastern Highlands Health District – http://www.ehhd.org/
Power Outages, Downed Trees and Preparedness
Sudden power outages can be frustrating and troublesome, especially when they last a long time. If a power outage is 2 hours or less, you need not be concerned about losing your perishable foods. For prolonged power outages, though, there are steps you can take to minimize food loss and to keep all members of your household as comfortable as possible.
- Treat all downed wires as live and dangerous! For downed trees and wires, medical assistance or a fire emergency call 911.
- Eversource Energy builds their outage map and assigns resources based on all the calls from individual customers like you.
- If you lose power call Eversource Energy at: 1-800-286-2000 or report online.
- Link for storm information: www.weather.gov
- Red Cross PowerOutage Checklist
- Emergency Preparedness from the Red Cross
- CT Department of Emergency Management & Homeland Security
Consider purchasing a battery powered weather radio!
Make sure to keep cell phones charged. Land line wires may be down. Stay on the call with the emergency dispatcher until they have asked all their questions. If you are calling from a cell phone, the dispatch center will not know your location. Our emergency dispatch center for fire, EMS or other emergencies is a regional center located in Tolland, CT. They depend on you to provide complete information. During the course of this storm and the recovery period, non life-threatening calls to 911 may be routed to our local fire department. Regardless, your concerns or situation will be addressed.