The Town of Ashford has contracted with CHA Consulting for zoning enforcement issues. Michael D’Amato will be acting as Ashford Zoning Enforcement Officer.
- 860.487.4435 Fax
The PZC has statutory responsibility to regulate commercial, industrial, residential and other forms of land use activity. In addition, the PZC has the legal responsibility to review all municipal improvement proposals.
The PZC exercises controls over land use by dividing the town’s land into various residential, commercial and recreational zones and regulating, through Zoning and Subdivision Regulations, the nature of uses, structures and site improvements that may take place.
Public hearings allow citizens to comment on all proposed changes to the Plan of Conservation and Development, the Zoning Map, Zoning and Subdivision regulations and special permit applications. Legal notices are published in a local newspaper prior to any public hearing. Citizens may also comment on proposed subdivisions and other land use applications Development, Zoning map or land use regulations.
Commission members are elected at biennial municipal elections to serve six year terms. Alternate members are elected for two year terms.
- Richard S. Williams, Vice Chairman (R) 11/5/2025
- Nord P. Yakovleff (D) 11/5/2025
- Mark A. Schnubel 11/3/2021
- Janet Bellamy (D) 11/8/23
- Alexander Hastillo, Secretary (U) 11/7/2023
- Gerald Ernest Dufresne (R) 11/2/2021
- Jeffrey A. Silver-Smith, Chairman (D) 11/2/2021
- Catherine W. Sampson (D) 11/8/23
- Jeffrey C. Schillinger (R) 11/5/2025
- Tom Hastings (U) 11/3/21
- Douglas C. Jenne (U) 11/3/21
- Bruce A. DePercio (R) 11/3/21
While the on-line Zoning Regulations for the Town of Ashford presented on this website are believed to be substantially correct, they are provided for informational reference only. For project applications and legal matters, interested parties should obtain the official printed copy.
5 Town Hall Rd., Warrenville, CT