Fellow Ashford Citizens,
Our town’s Covid-19 status was changed to RED the evening of November 19 due to a spike in cases over the last two weeks.
Information about the number of cases and testing availability changes frequently. One way to keep as current as possible is to visit the State of Connecticut website https://portal.ct.gov/Coronavirus. Information available on that site includes:
- Covid-19 Statistics: https://portal.ct.gov/Coronavirus/COVID-19-Data-Tracker.
- Hover over the Town Map section for recent 1-2 week case counts
- Click on the Daily Data Report for more detailed statistics
- Testing Locations:
- Enter zip code into the “Find a Testing Site Near You” section, or use the map provided by United 211 of Connecticut
- For free testing, see https://portal.ct.gov/Coronavirus/Priority-Populations
- Visit the Eastern Highlands Health District website for more testing opportunities http://www.ehhd.org/
- Residents can subscribe to text message alerts from the state by texting the keyword COVIDCT to 888-777
- Individuals who have general questions that are not answered on the website can call 2-1-1 for assistance. The hotline is available 24 hours a day and has multilingual assistance. Anyone who is out-of-state or requires a toll-free number can connect to Connecticut 2-1-1 by dialing 1-800-203-1234. This is intended to be used by individuals who are not experiencing symptoms but may have general questions related to COVID-19. Anyone who is experiencing symptoms are strongly urged to contact their medical provider.
In addition, the Town of Ashford posts COVID-19 updates, resources and other information we receive on the following Town-managed sites:
- Town Website: https://ashfordtownhall.org/
- Facebook Pages:
Please reach out to me at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
Stay safe everyone!